Image Map

DIY Sit Spots! Replace your Classroom Rug

Sit SpotsWho isn't excited for the new school year? I know I am. Today, I was finally able to start setting up my classroom! It took me hours to get all of my stuff in there, but that was the boring part. I was just so excited to start decorating that I left some boxes out in a big pile and started with my most exciting project, my new DIY Sit Spots! After going a full year without a rug or anything to mark my carpet area, I decided that this year I was going to find a cheap but awesome solution to my no-rug classroom. I was so excited to buy some Sit Spots for my classroom, but after looking into it, I thought that they were a bit pricey for my budget. So I decided to do some research and make my own sit spots! 
Here is what I did:
I found this awesome Super Strength Velcro on Amazon and decided to buy it. This type of Velcro was very strong and totally stayed on my carpet, even after I vacuumed my classroom! I also bought some placemats from the Dollar Store that were pretty cute to stick on the adhesive part of the velcro. (Got the placemats idea from this awesome post by Teaching with Hope).





Here is what they look like:

Sit Spots


Classroom Rug


Thanks for Reading,
        
         Amanda Maliwauki